This no knead cranberry bread is very simple to make. It only requires a few basic ingredients and no super-expensive stand mixers to get the job done. If you want to fill your home with the aroma of freshly baked bread, then this recipe would be a good place to start.
No-Knead Cranberry Bread
Makes: 2 loaves
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ( ½ stick) butter
- ½ cup warm water (105°-115°F.)
- 2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup seedless raisins or craisins
- Scald milk; stir in sugar, salt and butter; cool to lukewarm.
- Measure warm water into large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved.
- Stir in lukewarm milk mixture, egg and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Stir batter down. Beat in raisins. Turn into 2 greased 1-quart, casseroles or 2 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° F for 40-45 minutes.