Have you made a one bowl cake before? Have you even heard of a one bowl cake? Well its one of the easiest cakes you will ever make.
No sifting or creaming required. Once you have all of your ingredients measured, you can have this cake in the oven in less than 10 minutes, and that’s if you mix the cake by hand, like I did in the video. If you use your mixer, it will take less than 5 minutes!
The glaze hat goes with the one bowl cake is only two ingredients, so make sure to keep that orange handy after you finish zesting it!
See How the One Bowl Cake is done!
How to Make a One Bowl Cake Ingredients:
- 2-1/4 cups All purpose Flour
- 1-3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 3 each Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup Confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons Orange juice
How to Make a One Bowl Cake Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan, if that’s what you’re using. I used a silicone baking pan that doesn’t need to be greased and floured.
- Put all ingredients for cake in mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed for 3 minutes. If you are mixing by hand, then just mix the batter with a sturdy spoon until it’s thick and relatively smooth.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until cake surface springs back when touched lightly.
If you are using a pan similar in size and shape to the one I used in the video, baking time would be 30-40 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan on rack. Remove from pan and complete cooling on rack.
- For glaze, mix confectioner's sugar and orange juice until smooth. Spread lightly over top of cooled cake. Allow some of the glaze to flow down side of cake.