Why have I not tried 7 up biscuits until now? There are recipes floating around all over the internet for these light and airy biscuits. Your family will be hooked on them from first bite! For this recipe I used the homemade biscuit mix recipe found here.
How to Make 7 Up Biscuits Video Recipe
- 4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup 7-up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Dump the biscuit mix onto your work surface. Work in the sour cream into the biscuit mix with a spatula or your hands. Work the sour cream into the dough until its in small peas sized pieces instead of one big lump.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and sour cream mixture and pour your 7 up in the middle. Mix it until you have a soft dough that just comes together.
- After everything is incorporated put a little flour on your hands and start to pat out the dough. Use a spatula or a knife to cut the dough into biscuits. You can use a biscuit cutter to make round biscuits, but I always cut my biscuits into squares so I don't have any trimmings leftover to re-roll.
- Place the cut biscuits onto a baking sheet and top with the melted butter.
- Bake at 450 for 12 minutes.
Take a Free Bread Baking e-Course Today!
Get instant access to your FREE Easy Bread Baking e-Course when you enter your information here.