Knowing how to make homemade cookies isn't as complicated as rocket science, but you foo need the right equipment. Have you ever tried to bake cookies on a sheet pan from the dollar store? I have, and those bad boys were blacker than Wesley Snipes on the bottom. :) Using the right tools makes a huge difference in the final product.
Here is my list of tools and equipment for making cookies at home.
- Set of Mixing Bowls- For measuring ingredients before hand and getting everything organized and with in arms reach
- Whisk- for whipping eggs before adding to other ingredients
- Measuring Spoons
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Liquid Measuring Cups
- Ofsett Spatula or table knife
- Paring knife
- Rubber Spatula
- Flexible spatula for lifting cookies off cooky sheets
- Rolling Pin
- Flat surface for rolling Roulpat
- Cooky sheet, Jelly roll pans half or quarter sheet pans
- Silpat mat so you don’t have to worry about cookies sticking-also eliminates the need for expensive parchment paper
- Grinder for nuts and seeds-flax or fennel seeds in your cookies
- Cooky cutters
- Electric mixer
- Silicone brush for greasing pans if you don’t have a silpat I prefer silicone because there is nothing more annoying than the fibers of a bristle pastry brush coming off on your food
- Oven thermometer
If you have never made cookies at home, this list should be helpful. If you need an easy beginners recipe for cookies, try this one.