This buttermilk waffle recipe serves up waffles that are golden brown, fluffy and tender. Perfect with a side of bacon and your favorite syrup.
Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 2 cups all-all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Two eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Start by preheating your waffle iron.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk and melted butter together. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and incorporate with as few strokes as possible. Stop whisking when the batter comes together. The mixture should still be lumpy.
- Pour batter onto preheated waffle iron. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops.
- Let waffle maker preheat before pouring the next waffle.